Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Keyboards & Mice

Work, that four-letter word, has intruded again on the pleasures of life. My thanks to those of you that commented, I appreciate it.

As I mentioned earlier, I have an Apple IIe Platinum – the one with the keyboard and numeric pad built into the case. One of the problems for me was adjusting to the new keyboard arrangement after years of using a PC keyboard. (Some of this goes away by changing to the GS, but that is another story.) Even on the PC side I am a bit of a throwback since I use an Avant Stellar keyboard by Creative Vision Technologies, Inc. It has the function keys on the left with F11 and F12 on a separate top row and 12 programmable Special Function (SF1 – SF12) keys along the top. It is a great keyboard that allows me to type for hours without fatigue or strain.

The IIe keyboard is great, just different. I am past the period where I have to watch my fingers as they type although for some of the control escape Apple functions still give me pause. I do not feel a strong need for a mouse (yet) as most tasks I perform are text related and even in Windows on the PC I am keyboard centric and use the mouse very slightly. Since both hands normally stay on the keyboard, it takes a conscious effort to stop, use the mouse, and return to the keyboard. Perhaps as I start moving over some graphics and games I will find more need for a mouse.

2 comments:

Jay Singh said...

This seems to be a great site which offers Headset Adapter, Headset Adaptor, PC Headset To Iphone Adapter, RJ11 To RJ 9 Adapter, Phone Headset Adapter, Xbox 360 Headset Adapter, Computer Headset, PC Headset etc. and i would surely like to try their service...i had been relying on http://www.theheadsetbuddy.com earlier and they too offered good stuff.ed

Dandy Adam said...

Cougar Arena Gaming Mouse Pad in UAE, XLarge Gaming Mouse Pad in UAE, Gaming Mouse Pad in UAE
https://gccgamers.com/cougar-arena.html
Cougar Arena Mouse Pad in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery GCC Gamers Moneyback Guarantee.
1634275665609-9